Sunday, September 2, 2007

I want...

At times I feel very lonely at heart,
‘Coz there is nothing in me to set me apart…
I’ve neither money nor power,
To help someone in his needful hour…
At times I think of all that I could give anyone,
Only to find that my contribution to the society is none…
At times I keep looking for an objective to live for,
As I’ve done for years & will continue to do for some more…
At times, I find myself good-for-nothing,
And my presence in this world seems to have no meaning…
At times I ask god the reason to send me to this world,
But, he keeps quite & never speaks even a word…
I know I don’t have to live to wait for my death,
But, to live for those who celebrated my birth…
I want to be different in whatever I do,
‘coz I still have many expectations to come up to…
I still have promises to be kept,
& I believe I can always be better if not perfect…
I don’t want to survive on anybody’s sympathy,
Neither do I want to make anyone a victim of my apathy…
I’ll be happy if I become somewhat like Mother Teresa,
Or even a bit like the great ‘Isa’…
Though I’m still unsure of what I would become,
I wish to be someone who is remembered long after being gone….
(21-12-2000)

No comments: