Monday, July 23, 2007

What isn't there in name?

Who says what's there in a name?... I don't :) on the funny side....

Shakespeare said, “What’s there in a name?”,
Perhaps for him it was just an alphabets game..
But, for me my name is my identity,
It distinguishes me from everybody in my vicinity…
I know a rose by any other name would smell the same,
But, taking it’s literal sense could cause a lot of pain..
Think about calling India as Pakistan and vice versa..
& addressing Indira Gandhi as Mother Teresa…
Or for that matter calling George W. Bush as Gen. Pervez Musharraf…
In the existing scenario, it will make life even more tough…
What you call tea may be coffee for someone,
& while you ordered a burger you may get a bun…
Imagine you booked a ticket for Dubai..
But when the plane landed you find yourself in Mumbai..
You went out thinking you wore trousers and shirt,
& get a compliment, “What an elegant skirt”
You go to meet Meenakshi with a beautiful girl on your mind,
But a man with short hair & long beard is the one you find..
Thus, a name I guess makes a lot of difference,
So, sticking to the customary nomenclature should be given preference
Still, if you are bent upon east & west fusion,
Then may god help you & others to resolve the resultant confusion.. :)

No comments: